Comment on page
Launch a simple, affordable employee matching program that everyone will love with Charityvest.
Make employees the authors of your impact story through a modern charitable matching program. Charityvest is the simplest way to offer your employees engaging charitable giving benefits.
Charityvest for Workplaces offers your employees their own donor-advised fund, like a personal foundation. It helps them simplify their financial giving.
Charityvest also engages employees with giving stipends and/or automatic charitable matching, providing you with reporting and analytics on the activity.
- Give every employee a charitable giving fund programmatically.
- Charitable matching that runs on autopilot as employees give.
- Put charitable stipends in employee funds for various occasions (e.g., birthdays, performance awards, thank you gifts, etc.).
- Monthly metrics/reporting for your internal culture-building and external brand-building.
- 1.Create your admin account and create your program. Customize your per-employee match, matching rate, and eligibility rules.
- 2.Invite employees to join or set up auto-join features for approved corporate email addresses. Launch your program effortlessly with a single click.
- 3.Employees give. Employees link their bank/credit card, give tax-deductibly into their giving fund, and then out to any of the 1.4 million U.S. charities. Each with a tap. They can set up monthly recurring transactions as well. Employee donations are automatically matched from the corporate giving fund.
- 4.Company funds the matches. You'll create a corporate fund and pre-load some money in there (the company receives a tax deduction for all). When an employee sends a qualifying donation to charity, we'll automatically send a matching grant from your fund. You have the ability to deny any match with a tap.
- 5.Track activity and manage the program. You have an easy admin portal to monitor giving activity, manage your matching program, and add/remove employees in the program. We send monthly reports via email on giving KPI activity that aggregates impact across all employees, even giving beyond matching.
- We offer a 15% discount for annual pre-paid billing. We can true up at year-end for any differences based on changes in employee count.
- No transaction fees, 100% of donations go to charities.
- No implementation fees.
- No contracts. Cancel anytime.
- Also, consider your matching budget. Companies typically range from $100 per employee per year to $1000 per employee per year and can expect participation rates from 15-60% at any matching size. We see many companies start out smaller and increase their per-employee matching amount over time.
- Giving funds. We give employees an "HSA for Charity" aka a donor-advised fund—it's a valuable financial tool beyond the matching alone. Many employees will choose to do all of their giving through their fund, even outside of the matching program. Other competitors focus only on the matching.
- Lower cost. Other competitors charge 3-10% on every dollar donated. We charge 0%. We believe giving should be free. We also have no implementation fee. We are typically 50-80% lower cost (in total) than competitors.
- Social giving. We enable users to send gifts of charitable dollars to friends (while still maintaining the tax deduction). Companies can also do this as rewards or recognition. You can send charitable money into the funds of employees for them to give away in their name.
- Launch in minutes. Our ten-minute onboarding flow sets up your corporate fund, creates your matching program, sets up billing, and invites employees.
Can I control what organizations are matched? Yes.
Do you support volunteering? No, not at this time.
Do you support international grantmaking? No, not at this time. Why should I choose Charityvest? The admin simplicity and low cost of facilitating matching through us, and giving every employee their own personal giving account for their own impact.
- Movement Mortgage
- Tabula Rasa Healthcare
- Jonathan Rose Companies
Quick overview 2-pager:
Charityvest for Workplaces Overview.pdf
Charityvest for Workplaces Overview
Slide deck for decision-makers:
Charityvest Slide Deck for Decision-makers.pdf
Charityvest for Workplaces Slide Deck for Decision-makers
Budgeting for matching:
Budgeting for program with Charityvest.pdf
Budgeting for a Matching Program Guide
Charityvest for TRHC Case Study.pdf
Charityvest for Workplaces Tabula Rasa Healthcare