Check Grant Status
Track your grant from Charityvest to your chosen charities.
Once you create a grant request with Charityvest, it begins a journey to arrive to your charity of choice! 🎁
With the release of our grant status tracker, you are now able to access more detailed information regarding your grants. In order to view your tracker for a specific grant, simply click into the transaction line item on your Dashboard or Activity page.
This is an example of our grant status tracker feature for a specific grant.
Here are the steps involved when you wish to send a gift to a charity via Charityvest:
- 1.Requested: you have successfully filled out your grant recommendation form. If you have a transaction line item for a grant, this will be marked as completed.
- 2.Funded: you have sufficient funds in your Charityvest account to fund this grant. If you have a sufficient cash balance to fund your grant, this will be marked as completed instantly. If we need to sell securities (e.g., for Invested accounts) or clear a recent contribution in order to fund your grant, you'll see an expected clearing date below this line.
- 3.Sent to charity: a check has been mailed to your charity at the address we have on file for them. We mail checks to charity in batches every 14 days, so you will see the expected date of mailing listed accordingly in between batch processing dates.
- 4.Received by charity: the USPS reported that the check was out for delivery to the recipient charity. It can take approximately 10 business days for the check to arrive in the mail.
- 5.Deposited: the check has been deposited by the charity. After it has been delivered, it is at the discretion of the charity to deposit the check. Based on our data, 95% of checks are deposited by recipient charities within 35 days of when they are sent.
If your employer is subscribed to Charityvest's Workplace Giving Program and you have submitted a request to have your grant matched by them through our platform, there is an extra step involved in your grant's journey.
Once your grant is marked as funded, it will be added to the queue for your employer's approval. It will remain pending as status Waiting for employer match until your employer approves it in a batch, which typically occurs by the 5th of the following month. Your grant will not be sent unless it is approved for a match, in which case, both the grant and the match will be mailed together in one check.
This is an example of our grant status tracker for employees registered with a Charityvest Workplace Giving Program.
Still have questions about grant timing? Contact our support team via our Intercom chat or [email protected]