Overview + Receiving Grants
How charities are served from Charityvest.
We send your organization funds granted from Charityvest automatically. There's nothing you need to do.
We disburse payments to charities twice per month, combining multiple donors into consolidated payments while providing key donor data on who gave what money (unless donors have chosen to remain anonymous).
We support 1.4 million IRS-compliant charities, so we likely have your organization if you are in good standing with the IRS.
There's a chance we do not have you if you are a place of worship since some places of worship are not included in the known organization database at the IRS. We have a simple due diligence process to get your place of worship added to our database. Please reach out to [email protected] if you do not believe we have your organization.
When donors grant to charities out of Charityvest, we send automated paper checks to the best address we know of for every organization. For most organizations, that is the official address from the IRS database. Other organizations have updated their address with us.
We send disbursements to charities every two weeks.
Each check contains data on individual donor transactions, personal information, and any designations donors specified with their grants.
An example check—what charities receive from Charityvest.
We provide the maximum amount of donor data to you, subject to donor preferences. Donors choose how much data to release to you. The default option is full name and email address.
The only event in which we don't send donor data is when the donor chooses to remain anonymous.
Charities can benefit from encouraging their donors to use Charityvest in various ways.
- Giving assets. We make donating appreciated assets (like stock and crypto) easy for donors, and it requires no work or cost from charities. You just receive cash in two weeks or less after donors grant the value of their asset donation out of Charityvest to you.
- Avoiding fees. We charge no transaction fees on giving. For large gifts and recurring gifts, this can add up.
- Reducing admin work of receipting. We receipt donors on your behalf. You don't have to! You can focus on just saying "thank you."
- Receiving data. We send you reliable donor data subject to donor preferences.
We hope your donors will enjoy their Charityvest experience and choose to continue to use a donor-advised fund for their giving beyond their transaction with you. We believe the intentional generosity fostered by DAFs, through pledges, recurring commitments, and asset donations will enable donors to give you more money over time.
We'd love to be your partners in growing your donations from your existing donors.
We aim in the long run to provide charities with:
- Branded stock and crypto giving pages
- Recurring giving tools
- Direct ACH disbursement
- Giving dashboards and exportable donor data
- Integration with CRMs
This is all in the future as we are currently focused on our donor experience, though, we are excited about providing premium fundraising and support capabilities to charities in the coming years.